I have a few “Claim to Fames“
1. I was on a PBS special about kindergarten classes when I was 4. A camera crew dropped by my class and told us to act “Natural”- totally a HUGE feat for a very dramatic little girl.
2. When I lived in Israel at 16, they had a camera crew come to an event in school where they teach teens about safe sex. Of course, I was in the shots where they showed how to correctly put a condom on a banana. My mom got a call from her cousin that night and said to my mom “Did you know your daughter was on TV, with CONDOMS!”
3. At 17,I was stopped by a Spanish news station while walking the streets of Manhattan. I was asked to talk about “The Mask of Zorro” starring Antonio Banderas. Which I did… even though I hadn’t seen the film
4. I was an extra on Mad ABout You at the age of 18. If you blink, you would miss me. Totally got paid $50 a day. I was rolling in it.
5. At age 22, my sorority sister was cast in a reality make over show on MTV. It was called “From Wack to Mack”..
yes. yes it was.
They made her over (which FYI she didn’t need it, since she was beautiful. she only made herself look like she needed a makeover to get on the show) and then they came to our sorority house to get her ‘sisters’ reactions. Of course, since I am loud, I was filmed the most. I wish there was evidence of this somewhere.
6. And now I leave you with this…
A makeover show for Busy Moms…
Last month I was asked if I would be interested in having a quick make over done (just make up) and have it filmed. You know, for busy moms such as myself. Never one to pass up a good time (and free make up squeal!) I decided to go for it.
The experience was quick and fun. You can buy Pixie make up from Target.. which btw the bronzer is AMAZING. They tried to do my hair, but didn’t have the time (story of my life). The only thing I was unhappy about was that they edited out when I referred to my hair as a “Jew-Fro”…
I hate seeing myself on camera, I REALLY REALLY DO (esp when it’s from an angle that you aren’t used to seeing. Oy)
and I was totally contemplating NOT posting it. But I would be doing a disservice if I didn’t. We have to accept ourselves from EVERY ANGLE.
So… here you go. Please don’t judge me and my zealous use of the word “absolutely”