In 2009, I…
- Opened up the new year with friends
- Became the mother of TODDLERS.
- Went to LA for the first time since I was 2.
- Met my dear friends Heather, Mike & Maddie for the first time( face to face).
- Went on EVERY.SINGLE.RIDE at Disneyland and was not ashamed (even if I may have pushed some 7 year olds out of the way)
- Went to a Motocross Race and was the only olive- skinned person there. I was affraid.
- Had my heart-broken when Maddie passed. Life will just not be the same again.
- Did my first COMPLETE March for Babies walk
- Realized that I am NOT ready for a third child and am OK with it.
- Have lost most of my gut wrenching jealousy when I see big beautiful pregnant bellies.
- Lost another 15 lbs. (only 12 lbs to go!)
- Turned 28 and actually had a REALLY GOOD day.
- Had my first root canal
- Realized that just because you have known someone for 22 years doesn’t mean you need to continue a toxic friendship.
- Went to my first Blogher Event and had a blast.
- Went to Chicago for the very first time and had deep dish pizza (NY is way better)
- Attended a SUPER SECRET PIZZA PARTY
- Sat in First class for the very first time… and am now ruined forever.
- Had my grandmother come to me in a dream, and brought with her my other grandmother who I had never met before (she passed before I was born). That was NO dream.
- Went to a farm and actually picked corn. and then ate it. Very agricultural of me.
- Danced with a Belly Dancer
- Realized that going out with co workers or friends sometimes- does not make me a bad mother. It makes for a SANE mother.
- Celebrated my daughters Second Birthday.
- Decided that I hate Elmo, but can’t live without him.
- Realized that although not perfect, I am a FAR better mother than my mother was.
As for Resolutions? I am OK with just trying to be the best me that I can be.
What are your resolutions?