Totally borrowed this post from here.
In 2008, I….
- Celebrated New Years Eve at home with my newly released preemie daughters from the NICU.
- Had no sleep for countless months.
- Learnt how to somewhat navigate motherhood.
- Learnt how to use a bulb syringe, change a diaper that literally exploded, feed and bathe two babies at once (insert baby duties here x2)
- Decided to not sweat the small stuff in life.
- Realized that being a working mom is what is right FOR ME.
- Realized that I wasn’t as happy as I should have been.
- Went to therapy.
- Battled PPD or/and PTSD.
- Learnt to truly enjoy motherhood without losing myself.
- Saw my daughters faces light up after returning from a long day at work.
- Took our 6 month old daughters on an 11 hour international flight to visit their family in Israel(many of you are still in awe of that).
- Turned 27 years old.
- Went to my grandparents house for the first time after my grandmother had passed. Such emptiness.
- Rode an ATV on a beautiful June day.
- Realized that not everyone is good on the inside.
- Boss got fired, so lost my job (LOVED my old boss).
- Was rehired by the man who took over (asshole who often condescends me).
- Realized my self worth at work.
- Planned and executed a kick- ass first birthday party for my twins.
- Went out with some friends and got drunk (Something I thought only non- mommies are allowed to do).
- Baked some bread.
- Dreamt, and ultimatly predicted two pregnancies (not my own of course).
- Realized there are more important things than how other’s view your posessions.
- Made some AMAZING blog friends who I know will be with me FOREVER (you know who you are).
- Winessed as America finally made a change on Novmeber 4th.
- Lost some weight (pre-preggo jeans, here I come- only 18 more lbs!)
- Witnessed how my daughters went from this:
Happy New Years! Hope 2009 Brings only happiness and joy to you and your family!